20% Project #2: Nail Art

Hello again, reader! For week two of my 20% nail art project I learned how to apply glue-on nails. This is something that I had never tried before because I had always just done the press-on nails because they seemed easier, even though the glue-on ones are of much higher quality and last longer (up to two weeks with the brand I used.) Some success that I had when I did this is getting the nails straight and properly aligned. I was able to get them to match perfectly with the shape and width of my nail. However, I did not succeed when it came to putting on the right amount of glue. On some of the nails I put on way too much glue, so when I applied the fake nail some glue oozed out from underneath resulting in a gluey outer seam. To fix this, next time I should try to use a thinner layer of glue so that they would still hold while not oozing outside of the nail. Next week, I am going to watch videos on how to do gel nails, and hen do them at home after school since it would take too long to do in class! This is a very important skill to know how to do when doing nails, and I can’t wait to learn it! Here is the picture of what the nails looked like when I finished them on Friday!

One thought on “20% Project #2: Nail Art