The Windy Winter

It was an especially windy afternoon. The cold breeze ruffled through my feathers and sent an eerie chill ran down my back. I soared through the clouds, ice crystals forming on my feathers. “Brr!” I said to myself as I looked back, by tail feathers laden with snow. Suddenly, the wind shifted abruptly, sending me backwards into the unknown. It was sending me towards the ground!

I tried to fight against the strong force of air, flapping and flailing, but it was no use. I watched in horror as I was slowly engulfed in a tornado of leaves! An array of pine needles, maple leaves, and sticks spun around me. Splat! A sticky, sap- covered leaf hit me square in the face. After a while, I was slowly lowered to the ground, dizzy, and still confused about what had just happened. When I finally came to my senses, I realized the leaf had been permanently stuck to my face, like super glue! I tried to rip the leaf off, but it was no use. “I guess I’ll still live,” I mumbled with a sigh, “I guess I will live.”